The United Health Group insurance company, located at 450 Columbus Ave, in Hartford, was declared a crime scene today by Connecticut Health Care for America Now coalition made up of labor, community and faith-based organizations.
The criminal actions of UnitedHealth Group is a matter of public record and includes:
* Its President/CEO has been allowed to accumulate over $1.6 billion in stock options.
* Its former CEO William McGire, resigned under scrutiny by government investigators and the US Senate and was given a multi-million dollar severance package.
* It has allowed its outside Board of Director members to cash in more than $160 million in stock options.
* It paid a record $ 7 million fine to the Securities Exchange Commission.
* It has a long history of securties fraud.
*It is a for-profit company that puts profits before health care.
ENOUGH!! It is past time for a public option and it is past time to take profit out of our health care system. How many more people have to die before Congress passes health insurance reform? Call your congress person now and demand health care reform and a public option! 1 (800) 603-7348.